Our Physio NZ Team
Our clinic offers individual, personalised care in a comfortable and relaxed environment, while simultaneously providing the latest in physiotherapy, trigger point therapy, rehabilitation and fitness sessions. All our staff have a commitment to providing clients with the highest possible standards of treatment and service.
- Tennis Elbow
- Achilles tendon injuries
- Pain that either doesn’t go away, or keeps coming back
- Batchelor in Physiotherapy
- Batchelor of Science
- Dry Needling
- Kinesiology Tape
- Anatomy Train Massage
- DMA Pilates Level 4
A Little Background..
My job is to make it as easy as possible for you to not only feel better, but also to get back to normal as quickly as possible – whether that be back to work, to sport, or getting back to looking after your family.I have been a physio now for 19 years, and helped nearly 10,000 people through NZ and Australia in that time.
I have trained with some of the best, including under Craig Phillips, the guy that created DMA Pilates, and David Butler and Peter O’Sullivan, both of whom have made amazing contributions to physiotherapy.Outside of work, I’m a proud Dad and Husband, and have a reputation for being completely useless at sport.
- Hand and upper limb injuries
- Work related upper limb disorders
- Post operative rehabilitation e.g. total hip replacement, total knee replacement, ACL reconstruction, shoulder surgery
- Chronic pain
A Little Background..
In the 30 years of working as a physiotherapist Anne has worked for the NHS (UK) and in Private hospitals and also in the community in a wide range of clinical areas. This has involved working as a Senior Clinician in orthopaedics, Private Practice owner and also as a Hospital Manager.
Anne moved to NZ in 2007 with her family and has focused on Private Practice and her clinical work since, expanding her skill base further with the completion of the Hand Therapy Training and Registration. Over the years as a physiotherapist Anne has developed a very wide range of clinical skills and has been working in older persons health supporting residents in rest home level care.
More recently, the Physio NZ team are utilising Anne's Hand Therapy Skills and Anne provides joint assessments (often via zoom) to support Physio NZ clients who have upper limb injuries. This is a fantastic resource for our clients and team and we're helping more people reach their goals faster with this additional service.
Outside of work Anne enjoys gardening, spending time with her family and dog, walking, cycling, skiing and travelling. She also likes creative pursuits such as painting, sewing, cooking and playing the guitar.
- Graduate Dip Physiotherapy
- Post graduate certificate in Rehabilitation - Hand therapy paper
- Helping people improve their quality of movement and preventing complications arising from injuries by resolving the root of the problem/injury.
- Teaching the spine how to move.
- Manual Therapy and Dry Needling
- Gyrotonic, Gyrokinesis
A Little Background..
Braam is originally from South Africa. Qualified in 2004 with a honors degree in physiotherapy. He then completed numerous post-graduate qualifications including his Masters degree in Physiotherapy. He believes in the healing power of movement and completed his Pilates, Gyrotonic and Gyrokinesis international certifications.
After all his travels and working with a wide variety of professional sporting individuals and teams around the world he decided to move to New Zealand to continue with his physiotherapy practice but also enjoy more of a work-life balance. Currently he enjoys helping all individuals from young to old, novice to experienced athletes as well as people who have never done any exercise in their lives wanting to improve their quality of life.
In his spare time, he enjoys spending time in the outdoors, loves being close to the ocean and surfing is his favorite activity. Other than surfing he enjoys most outdoor activities: tennis, golf, snowboarding, hiking, cycling, etc.
- BSc Honours Physiotherapy
- MSc Physiotherapy
- Gyrotonic and Gyrokinesis
- Polestar Pilates, Stott Pilates
Braam loves being involved in sports and worked with the following teams/individuals around the world:
- South African national athletics team
- Multiple Olympic and world swimming champion : Chad le Clos
- Sharks rugby team
- Ivory Coast Football team and Chelsea Football club
- The German and World mountain bike champion : Manuel Fumic
- The World Motocross champion : Tyla Rattray
- Surfing professional : Jordy Smith
- Multiple world surfing champion : Kelly Slater
- NZ School of Dance
Worked as a physiotherapist at the following international sports events:
- Olympic Games
- Soccer World Cup
- World Surfing League